At long last, the Remote Server Admin Tools (RSAT) for Windows Vista Sp1 have arrived!
The download links and Tools descriptions are below.
The KB 941314 article wasn’t active at the time of this posting, so here is the description from the download page:
The description is:
Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) enables IT administrators to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server 2008 from a computer running Windows Vista SP1. It includes support for remote management of computers running either a Server Core or full installation option of Windows Server 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
After you download and install the update, please remember to enable the RSAT tools so that you can use them.
For those curious what tools are included, here is the list from the Help file describing the tools in RSAT:
Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for roles
Active Directory Certificate Services Tools
Active Directory Certificate Services Tools includes the Certification Authority snap-in, the Certificate Templates snap-in, the Enterprise PKI snap-in, and the Online Responder Management snap-in.
- Active Directory Certification Authority Tools includes the Certification Authority, Certificate Templates, and Enterprise PKI snap-ins.
- Online Responder Tools includes the Online Responder Management snap-in.
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Tools
Active Directory Domain Services Tools includes snap-ins and command-line tools for remotely managing Active Directory Domain Services.
- Active Directory Domain Controller Tools includes Active Directory Users and Computers, Active Directory Domains and Trusts, Active Directory Sites and Services, and other snap-ins and command-line tools for remotely managing AD DS.
- Server for Network Information Service (NIS) Tools includes an extension to the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, and the ypclear.exe command-line tool.
Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) Tools
AD LDS Tools includes Active Directory Sites and Services, Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Edit, Schema Manager, and other snap-ins and command-line tools for managing AD LDS.
DHCP Server Tools
DHCP Server Tools includes the DHCP snap-in.
DNS Server Tools
DNS Server Tools includes the DNS Manager snap-in and dnscmd.exe command-line tool.
File Services Tools
File Services Tools includes the following, along with the storagemgmt.msc snap-in:
- Distributed File System Tools includes the DFS Management snap-in, and the dfsradmin.exe, dfscmd.exe, dfsdiag.exe, and dfsutil.exe command-line tools.
- File Server Resource Manager Tools includes the File Server Resource Manager snap-in, and the filescrn.exe and storrept.exe command-line tools.
- Share and Storage Management Tools includes the Share and Storage Management snap-in.
Terminal Services Tools
Terminal Services Tools includes the Remote Desktops and Terminal Services Manager snap-ins.
Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) Services Tools
UDDI Services Tools includes the UDDI Services snap-in.
Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for features
BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools
BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools includes the manage-bde.wsf script.
Failover Clustering Tools
Failover Clustering Tools includes the Failover Cluster Manager snap-in and the cluster.exe command-line tool.
Group Policy Management Tools
Group Policy Management Tools includes Group Policy Management Console, Group Policy Management Editor, and Group Policy Starter GPO Editor.
Network Load Balancing Tools
Network Load Balancing Tools includes the Network Load Balancing Manager snap-in, the nlb.exe and wlbs.exe command-line tools, and wlbsctrl.dll.
SMTP Server Tools
SMTP Server Tools includes the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) snap-in.
Storage Manager for SANs Tools
Storage Manager for SANs Tools includes the Storage Manager for SANs snap-in, and the provisionstorage.exe command-line tool.
Windows System Resource Manager Tools
Windows System Resource Manager Tools includes the Windows System Resource Manager snap-in and the wsrmc.exe command-line tool.